Of all the holidays celebrated in the U.S., Halloween continues to reign as the single most popular one of all, and perhaps one of the most influential aspects of the holiday is that it focuses so prominently on children and the door to door fun they have every Oct 31. Halloween is certainly the most social of the holidays; a once a year occasion where it’s perfectly fine to canvass the entire neighborhood moving house to house, ringing, knocking and offering the standard “Trick or Treat” that produces various treats, mostly the sugary ones, and delight children of any age. Equally fun for those who remain on the home front, poised near the door, candy in hand, to greet the next onslaught of ghosts, hot dogs, witches, superheroes and princesses to arrive. For many children, dressing in their Halloween costume is not a once-only deal, as it’s not uncommon to find children sustaining the fun by wearing them for play throughout the rest of the year. Adults get the biggest kick out of observing the various personas to arrive with Halloween goodie expectations, from the tiniest of trick-or-treating infants, and on up. Halloween 2015 is just around the corner, and it’s not too early, nor too late to help your children (and yourself,) find the “Halloween Groove” that best works. While there will always be much to be said in praise of the conventional fallbacks of witches, ghosts and skeletons, this year offers a fantastic variety of the costume trends our kids will love the most.
- Frozen: Elsa or Anna? Little girls across the board already have their preference, with both characters equally represented, and to date, there’s not going to be a single little girl willing to “let it go”, especially since the release of the Frozen Fever short and the announcement of Frozen 2.rejuvenated any potential diminished adoration. A precious look for any little princess…
- Superheroes for 2015: Looks like this year’s costuming money is going to be on the recent hit film, Avengers: Age of Ultron–the newest Avengers silver screen hit. Thankfully, there is a nice variety of supers from which to choose, so this year’s trick-or-treaters might show up as Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye. Ever since the advent of the comic book, superheroes have rocked the world as a pop culture force among all ages. The most popular costumes are based on the crime fighters who manage to make it from print to to theatres everywhere
- Despicable Me: Those little Minions of Gru’s have permanently forged a home in our hearts, and this summer’s Minions Movie helped to give a substantial boost to a costume choice that was already on the minds of kids everywhere. We love ‘em, and they’ll surely be on front porches everywhere this Halloween.
- TMNT: The popularity of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is still going as strong as ever, after all these years. They’ve been revamped a few times for extra staying power, and the only hard part is in trying to pick just one to be from the four.
- Inside Out: This “mentally focused” movie provides an ideal array of costume WOW, with characters representing the five emotions: Joy, Sadness, Fear, Anger and Disgust. Sure to be a more personal choice among 2015 kids, of which one they’ll be!
- Star Wars: With movie theatres gearing up everywhere for the new Star Wars movie, Star Wars: The Force Awakens to be released this December, there’s been enough hype over its coming that these costumes will be very popular this year. And don’t forget, the kids are already hip to the trend, with Star Wars Rebels enjoying immense popularity on TV.