The 2016 pre-summer sandal lineup is sure to put a spring in the step of wearers, everywhere, with unprecedented fun and out of the box designs that you just won’t be able to say “no” to. With so many new, highly talented designers emerging prominently, there is a lot of fresh attitude that’s running everywhere through statement styles like nothing your mama ever had, for sure!
Founder and creative director Edgardo Osorio received his formal studies at the prominent London College of fashion and Central Saint Martins, and from there, his talents blossomed in a subsequent decade of apprentice-themed working with mega-brands like Ferragamo, Sigerson Morrison and Roberto Cavalli. Next, in 2011, he launched Aquazzura as a luxury line of shoes inspired by the top European craftsmanship and quality integrated with stellar artistry to deliver a beyond-modern statement theme to ladies footwear that is found in its own certain distinctions.
- Raffia Pom Pom Sandal, White/Multi: This fun, made in Italy sandal sports a 4.3” covered heel, halter-strap and lovely ankle wrap which you tie. The rather whimsical array of colorful pom poms adorns the toe strap, much like a cluster of grapes. ($825)
- Colorado Woven Ankle-Tie Bootie, Mondrian Blue: From the lovely peep-toe up front to the chic ankle-wrap with tassel ties, this rich blue woven fabric bootie is all statement. Made in Italy, the 4.3” stiletto heel is covered in the same ultra blue. Trimmed in beautiful blue suede trim, a must-have for every fashionista. ($850)
Exceptionally talented Greek artist Elina Linardaki has an eye for detail, and details that create some of the most fun, stylish and modern handcrafted footwear from the highest quality leathers for women on the planet. Founded in 2006, her company designs shoe collections twice a year in limited editions that are made to order. All products are made in Greece.
- Penny Lane Pompom Gladiator Sandal, Multi: This delightful flat-heeled sandal features a toe ring strap, criss-cross lace-up vamp and a leg wrap featuring charm details that you tie at the top. The multicolor pompom embellishments offer a delightful spring statement to rock the season. ($225)
- Sandal Saltwater: These handmade spartan-styled sandals feature luxurious leather embellished with multicolored friendships, ivory ornamentation, bronze studs, glitter straps and neon-colored tassels. Delightful little fish bells jingle adorably. These sandals pay wonderful homage to the sea. ($169)
Since Gianvito Rossi’s stellar and first-ever collection of women’s footwear debuted in 2007, it’s garnered voluminous praises of his incredibly gorgeous designs that are surprisingly ultra-comfortable to wear. Following in the footsteps of his father, the legendary shoe artist Sergio Rossi, Gianvito the son brings the very best glamor associated with Italian shoe mastery together with a modern aesthetic that is characterized by single-sole construction and a sculpturally-shaped element.
- Suede Geometric Print Lace-up Wedge Sandal, Brown/White: Enter a room wearing these sandals, and all eyes will be on them. Featuring suede uppers, this 3.3” wedge heel offers a front platform with crisscross toe straps and ankle straps. Impressive statement geometry is embroidered across the covered heel. With a self-tie closure, the straps wind upwards to hug the leg splendidly. Made in Italy. ($1325)